Their are many benefits for the education system through the implementation of quality room acoustics. Improving the teaching space sound environment through sound absorption in schools is an increasing requirement for an optimised learning environment.
Here are some quotes from speakers at the recent Sound Education conference…
1. If we design something better than the minimum requirement, we achieve far better results
2. In treated rooms, you notice background noise going down, while the sound of the teacher becomes far clearer
3. People’s audio canals are not completely developed until the age of 17/18
4. Half of schools built in the past 20 years haven’t complied with acoustic regulation, despite it being obligatory
5. Until 20 years ago, there were absolutely no regulations around acoustics in schools
6. My second message after ‘get acoustics right’ is ‘love your acousticians, call them in early’
7. There are 5 key design elements in classroom design: lighting, ergonomics, air temperature, air quality, acoustics
For more information on sound education visit the following link > sound education.